Michael is the President and Managing Director of Shaheen and Gordon, P.A. He concentrates his practice on representing seriously injured victims of negligence.
Michael received his undergraduate degree from the University of Massachusetts at Amherst in 1987 and in 1990 graduated from the Boston University School of Law, where he was honored as a Paul J. Liacos scholar. Michael began his litigation practice with the firm in 1990 and rapidly developed a significant trial practice representing a diverse group of clients throughout Northern New England before State and Federal courts in varied civil matters including personal injury cases such as auto accident, premises liability, products liability, wrongful death and other personal injury matters as well as divorce matters and commercial disputes.
Michael’s practice is now concentrated on representation of victims and their families in serious personal injury and wrongful death cases of all types. Michael’s aggressive and experienced representation has resulted in significant compensation in large cases as well as smaller cases including several cases where recovery has been in excess of one million dollars. In recent years, Michael has successfully represented numerous injury victims in a wide variety of serious injury and death cases, including car/truck/motorcycle collisions, premises liability cases, products liability cases, cases involving pharmaceutical and medical device injury and others. Michael and the rest of the injury litigation team are also currently representing consumers injured by prescription and over-the-counter medications and medical devices.
- Automobile Accident
- $1.7 million settlement: Tractor trailer driver making illegal u-turn hits pedestrian and causes serious, permanent injuries.
- Automobile vs. Motorcycle
- $1.25 million settlement: Car runs a stop sign and strikes motorcycle on which plaintiff is riding as a passenger causing serious, permanent injuries.
- Products Liability/Pharmaceutical
- $1.05 million settlement: Woman suffered stroke after using over the counter cold medication.
- Automobile Accident
- $1,000,000.00 Arbitration Award: Serious head and leg injuries resulting from intersection accident, mild brain injury, permanent lower extremity impairment.
- Pedestrian vs. Automobile
- $699,000.00 settlement: Elderly pedestrian walking on the sidewalk for his morning walk when an elderly female driver loses control of her vehicle driving up onto the sidewalk striking the pedestrian causing serious injuries to both legs. Pedestrian required hospitalization and rehabilitation to regain the use of his legs.
- Automobile vs. Tractor Trailer
- $550,000.00 settlement: Tractor trailer driving down a rural hill, Plaintiff driving up the hill on the opposite side of the road, collision occurs near the center line during a snow storm causing serious injuries to the Plaintiff. Case settled during litigation for $550,000.00.
- Premises Liability
- $275,000.00 settlement: Claimant was working as a delivery man delivering items to a supermarket in Southern Maine. On exiting the store after delivering the items, plaintiff fell on a crack in the ramp leading from the building. Plaintiff suffered a knee injury requiring several knee surgeries.